Monday, February 8, 2010

Visiting Galloway Place

Today we visited the site. It turned out to be alot more spacious that I realized. Being in the actual building did help me decide how i wanted to orient the hotel lobby, restaurant and where I want the spa to be. I plan to use the garage doors in the middle of the long wall as the main entrance to the lobby. Also, i noticed in the ceiling that there is a dip in the middle, could possibly be used for a boundary line. I want the bar to be to the right of the entrance and the spa to be to the back right. I would like to somehow incorporate the existing brick walls that are inside the building but it depends on how i can fit the spa furnishings into the plan. I also would like to utilize and improve the existing skylights, they add lots of interest to the ceiling.

Here are some pictures(dont mind the date on the pictures, my camera is retarded):



Lobby Entrance


Cool Ceilings




Existing Wall Structures inside


Walking towards Restaurant Area


Tile Floor in Restaurant Area,
Original to the building and matches the Booth Fire and Safety Building across the street


Striking a pose...


Where I would like to put dining tables around the windows
Be excited Amanda!!


Restaurant Entrances?

No comments:

Post a Comment